“A triumph for the Barony Players as they portrayed a realistic picture of tenement life in the Glasgow Gorbals of the 1930’s.”
The Barony Players formed as a group in 1954. Their dream of having a theatre space of their very own was realised in 1964 when they acquired the old Borrowstoun Primary School on an annual lease basis. The Players worked tirelessly and transformed the old school into a small theatre, opening their doors in 1966 with a production of “The Amorous Prawn”. Although improvements to the theatre have taken place many of the original features are still present a testament to the dedication and hard work of the founder members. We now have a 25 year lease of the building from Falkirk Council.
All the theatre tasks are carried out by the members who willingly volunteer their time to keep the theatre up and running. It is hard work and new members are always welcome, just come along on a Wednesday night after 7.30 pm, lend a hand, audition for an acting role, whatever your skills they will be valued .
Membership costs £30 a year so join us now.
Join our mailing list for advanced notice of our productions. See contact us for more details
Inside the Barony Theatre
The old building has been transformed inside to provide work and performance space for all theatre activities. We have a 125 seat raked auditorium allowing our audiences an intimate view of the action on stage. Our mezzanine bar buzzes the weeks of our performances and our coffee room, the meeting place for discussion over a cuppa.
Come in and see for yourself
Bo’ness is situated on the Firth of Forth on the east coast of Scotland between South Queensferry and Grangemouth. It is an old town with a history dating back to the Roman invasion of Scotland and is the site of the eastern end of the Antonine Wall, now a world heritage site.
For more information on this historic town visit www.bo-ness.org.uk